Montag, 18. März 2013

just a little fantasy...

Why spend your time living in a fantasy when you can experience life for real?

In fantasy conscious mind enjoys a certain degree of anonymity as well as complete privacy, creative license and a veil of innocence regardless of the nature of the thoughts, dreams and longing imagenings it pursues. Nobody knows what I do with my mind in my mind. Thus I can do anything I want. Thoughts and reveries that are in pursuit of nothing real are themselves but fantasies. It is different to think about my room and imagine how I could transform it into a cave, than to think about the planet of the Little Prince and think myself the thorny rose he cares for. The former kind of thinking is directed towards the development of an idea based on something tangible and realizable, relevant to my reality, to my environment, my day to day: my place of sleep. The latter kind of thinking projects my creative cognitive energy towards an unrealizable ideal based on someone else's fiction. It is time spent in perhaps pretty reveries, however, with nowhere to go. More provocative fantasies are those with real elements in them manipulated to suit our emotional needs and such. For example, the projection of sexual desire to someone other than your partner. This kind of fantasizing can have real results, consequences in your tangible day to day. For example, neglecting your partner or actually pursuing the situation of lust should the opportunity arise. The desire, the disposition is already there. Motive present opportunity need only present itself. In this case the cultivation of a specific fantasy life over time has managed to bear fruit in reality. An idea evolved into action. There exist fine lines between fantasy and reality: the net which sustains illusions. But that's a story for another time.

Keine Kommentare:

Lost Philosophress

  The Great Carnival II by EricTonArts “The world is full of princesses dreaming of love. The world is full of searching for communion beyon...